Holy Grail Ceramics General Warranty Policies:
The following general terms and conditions apply to any and all Holy Grail Ceramics warranty programs.
1. Your warranty term begins from the date of installation of your coating and must be registered by your installer within 2 weeks of application.
2. Any application, re-application, repair work or other work carried out on the coated surface must be applied, reapplied, or repaired by an authorized HGC installer and must be submitted to HGC for approval before the work can begin.
3. Failures, damages or warranty claims must be submitted within 30 days of the event for coverage to be accepted. Any claims submitted 30 days after the incident will not be approved.
4. Warranty does not cover re-application after body work, paint repair etc. from an accident or other such damage
6. Warranty is transferable when vehicle is exchanged through a private party, however, after the warranty is transferred, it defaults to the remaining balance of the term or 5 years, whichever is less. The warranty cannot be transferred when sold to or through a dealership as we cannot guarantee the dealership will not use abrasive cleaners or polishes.
Holy Grail Ceramics or its agents will not accept liability for:
1. Deterioration of factory-installed equipment or any other treated part of substandard specification, materials or workmanship by vehicle manufacturer, their dealership, third-party supplier or modifier, or any work done by non-authorized installers.
2. Pre-existing damage to surface of the paintwork or substrate (rust corrosion etc) that would lie under the paint and cause the paint to release from the substrate.
3. Any damages or defects that would be covered by a manufacturers warranty, recall or other manufacturer/dealer coverage.
4. Rock chips on non-PPF applicaitons
5. Water spotting
Ceramic Coating Limited Warranty
Holy Grail Ceramic coatings only carry a warranty when installed and registered by an authorized installer. The limited warranty covers the following instances on all exterior painted surfaces:
- UV damage
- bug splatter etching
- bird dropping etching
- chemical etching
The warranty can be voided by any use of abrasion such as compounding, polishing, sanding etc. The use of caustic cleaners does not void the warranty but it is not recommended for the best performance. The use of caustic cleaners and/or environmental contaminants may cause a lack of beading. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THE COATING HAS FAILED. Most times this simply means that there is something in between the water and the coating which is why it isn't beading. Please visit your local authorized installer for a decontamination wash with maintenance formula to return the coating to its original beading capabilities.
Holy Grail Performance / Lustro PPF Limited Warranty
Holy Grail PPF carries a 10 year limited warranty or a lifetime warranty when paired with the 5-year or Holy Grail 10 year ceramic coatings. The warranty covers the following instances:
- excessive peeling
The use of caustic, high PH or abrasive cleaners will void the warranty on any HGC film that is not coated with a 5-year or higher HGC coating.
Things not covered by the HGC warranty:
1. Neglect to maintain the vehicle according to the standards and techniques recommended by your authorized installer.
2. Damage caused by sandpaper, abrasive compounds and polishes, any abrasive product and third-party products
3. Accidental or intentional damage including but not limited to fire, flood, extreme weather conditions, secondary effects that may result from anything mentioned above, or any other "act of God"
5. Failure to repair and re-treat surfaces subject to accident damage in accordance with the warranty
6. Damage caused by any alteration or modification to the vehicle
7. Damage caused by manufacturer’s defects or defected surfaces;
8. Damage resulting from a collision or other vehicle accidents;
9. Abuse of the coating
10. Water-spotting. While water spot etching won't happen with an HGC coating, the calcium and magnesium can still form on top of the coating - and yes, that's with ANY coating - don't be fooled by clever marketing or fancy terms like contains 0.0000000001% of "graphene" . Once a water-spot removal wash is completed, the spots will be removed and you'll be back on your way! Visit a local installer should you need a water spot removal.
11. Rock chips or tears in PPF due to rocks. Paint being removed by PPF due to improper painting methods or curing by the painter or factory.
How to void your warranty:
When considering the things that may void the warranty on any of our products, we use common sense and something called the "shame on you rule". If you tell us the story and we can look at you and say "shame on you" we will probably still take care of you but.....shame on you.
- compounding, polishing, the use of abrasives, abrasive surfaces (like the magic eraser) or anything else that would make a normal person cringe. Like using a drying sheet to remove bugs. Shame on your for watching that video and actually trying it....
- drive-through or automatic brush-based car washes - while this won't necessarily void the warranty it should be avoided and it can shorten the life-span and/or weaken the strength of the coating due to the abrasive little razor-sharp pieces of sand that get stuck in the rollers. Again.....shame on you.
- doing stupid things with your car. Look, we're not here to babysit you, we're here to keep your car looking great. If you pour boiling hot tar on your hood, the coating will most likely protect it. If for whatever reason it doesn't you shouldn't come crying to us because you did something stupid. We stand by our products and have full faith and confidence that we will protect your vehicle from day-to-day events. We're here to help you and you can rely on us but don't try to take advantage. Again......shame on you.
Warranty limits and claims
In the event of a warranty claim the warranty is limited to the following maximums available at the sole discretion of HGC and it's installers and or affiliates. HGC shall not be held liable for any damages outside the scope of what is listed here.
- all claims must be submitted by an authorized installer and approved by HGC in writing before the warranty work can begin. Please take your vehicle to your installer because if you contact us directly, that's what we're going to tell you to do.
- The warranty coverage is limited to $5,000 or the cost of replacing the coating and/or paint protection film whichever is less.
- Upon claim approval, installers will be provided with enough replacement product to repair the affected areas
- Scheduling repairs and/or maintenance is the sole ability and schedule of the installer. HGC is in no way responsible for scheduling repairs or maintenance.